1. RESIDENTS & COUNCIL INFORMATION
– COVID-19 Information and Support: 01454 868009
– Advice on Shielding & Protecting Vulnerable People: 01454 864040 (Office Hours)
– NHS 111 can help if you have an urgent medical problem and you’re not sure what to do.
2. SOUTHERN BROOKS COVID-19 HELPLINE & SUPPORT SERVICE:
– Southern Brooks Community Partnerships are offering practical help and a wellbeing service. Residents can call 0333 5774666 or email email@example.com (8-8, 7 days a week).
– This group may refer to your group, or you can refer to them to ask them to help find a volunteer in an area if your group is unable to help. They are experienced professionals.
3. SAFEGUARDING IN SOUTH GLOS
Concerned about an adult?
01454 868007 ‐ Monday to Friday 9am ‐ 5pm
Concerned about a child?
01454 866000 ‐ Monday to Thursday 9am ‐ 5pm, Friday 9am – 4.30pm
For all concerns:
01454 615165 ‐ Out of hours and at weekends
In an emergency please ring 999
More information visit South Glos Safeguarding Board site: http://sites.southglos.gov.uk/safeguarding/?fbclid=IwAR2iCrk9i4ZLSn4Fka- GIDiy3WrafI-GGeDdi4IJtMTolcA16GMeSKcqFuc
4. CONCERNS ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership has a new 24-hour helpline for anyone struggling with their mental health, or for people worried about loved ones with mental health issues. Call 0300 303 1320 for round-the-clock advice and support from mental health professionals and clinicians. This service covers adults and children.
5. ADULT COMMUNITY HEALTH SERVICES FOR SOUTH GLOS Sirona Care and Health has launched a single phone number for anyone who needs to access adult community health services in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire – for example, from district nurses, therapists and support workers. You can phone 0300 125 6789, and your call will be answered by a clinician or an administrator. Though this number is staffed 24 hours a day, it is for non-emergency calls.
6. DRUG & ALCOHOL SERVICES FOR SOUTH GLOS Developing Health and Independence (DHI) are the South Gloucestershire Drug and Alcohol treatment provider. They can help if a resident has concerns about the use of any substances, including heroin, cocaine, over the counter medications, cannabis, novel psychoactive substances or other substances causing concern about their health and wellbeing. Call 01454 868750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. DOMESTIC ABUSE SUPPORT FOR SOUTH GLOS Next Link provides support services for women, men and children in South Gloucestershire who are, or have been victims of domestic abuse. Their services include telephone help and advice, safe house accommodation, community outreach services and group programmes.
Referrals can be made by telephone, email or through the Next Link Website. At the first point of contact there is a triage advice service, and all victims asking for support are offered a relevant service that meets their needs and responds to their immediate safety risks. Callers wanting advice and guidance can access our accredited advice service. You can also talk anonymously with our support workers through our live chat helpline. To find out more about these services please call 0800 4700 280 or email email@example.com Website: www.nextlinkhousing.co.uk/southglos/
8. LATEST ADVICE ON SELF-ISOLATING & HEALTH & SOCIAL CARE ISSUES: HEALTH WATCH Healthwatch can help you find the latest advice on what to do to protect yourself and your loved ones as well as being a friendly ear if you are self-isolating and feel cut off and confused. Healthwatch can put you in touch with community groups, so ring them for a chat if you need some support while self-isolating. •
Healthwatch Bristol: 07944 369 180 | firstname.lastname@example.org | https://www.healthwatchbristol.co. uk/
Healthwatch North Somerset: 07857 036 292 email@example.com | https://www.healthwatchnorthsomerset.co.uk/
Healthwatch South Gloucestershire: 07944 373 235 | firstname.lastname@example.org | https://www.healthwatchsouthg los.co.uk/
9. HOUSING ASSOCIATION RESIDENTS INFO & SUPPORT:
LiveWest Residents: 01934 526000 Sovereign Residents: 0300 5000 926
Bromford Residents: 0300 1232222
To report an emergency or immediately dangerous repair call us 0300 1232222
10.WELLBEING IN SOUTH GLOS: One You South Gloucestershire https://southernbrooks.org.uk/wellbeing/ MUTUAL
12.VOLUNTEER IDS/BEING STOPPED VOLUNTEERING If any volunteers in South Glos are being stopped – please contact Steve Curry, CEO CVS South Glos – 07968 912562 email@example.com.
13.MUTUAL-AID GROUPS COORDINATION & SUPPORT – Matt Palmer – coordinating MA Groups at South Glos Level – and worked with volunteers to produce the Community Hub Website: 07738589329 – If any MA Groups need some more support managing their group. Please contact Jenny Vernon, Southern Brooks Community Partnerships, Community Development Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org – Alice Payne, CVS South Gloucestershire is coordinating meetings and a plan for Mutual-Aid Support – a group of partners who will offer support into the Mutual-Aid Groups – email@example.com – 07718390625